Maven Interviews is a new podcast show about discovering and sharing people’s passions and expertise. We are finding experts from around the world who are willing to share knowledge with others.
The Maven Interviews podcast is looking for people that fit the description of a Maven. Malcolm Gladwell popularized the term in his best-selling book, The Tipping point, where he describes Mavens as intense gatherers of information.
The word … meaning “one who understands,” and relates to the word binah, which denotes understanding or wisdom in general.
Since the 1980s it has become more common since William Safire adapted it to describe himself as “the language maven”… Numerous individuals and entities now affix maven or mavin to indicate their expertise in a particular area.
Malcolm Gladwell used the term in his book The Tipping Point (Little Brown, 2000) to describe those who are intense gatherers of information and impressions, and so are often the first to pick up on new or nascent trends. The popularity of the work of Safire and Gladwell has made the word widely used in their particular contexts.
In network theory and sociology, a maven is someone who has a disproportionate influence on other members of the network. The role of mavens in propagating knowledge and preferences has been established in various domains, from politics to social trends.
Why another expert interview podcast?
There are many new podcasts that interview experts. Loads of them. With so many interview podcasts out there why are we starting another one?
Over the last few years, we have produced over 150 episodes of The Bunker Project (including special reports). During this time we have met many people we classify as Mavens. Many of these people joined us on The Bunker Project show and participated in great conversations with our Meetup Group attendees. However, the nature of The Bunker Project is to tend towards chaos. Digressions, jokes and crazy antics do not foster an environment where we can dive deep into a topic and really get to know the Mavens and their passions.
So we decided to start the Maven Interview podcast. Where we will have focused conversations about a specific topic with a true expert.
What to expect on the Maven Interviews podcast?
- Focused and short interviews. The length of the podcast will be between 20 and 30 minutes.
- A new Maven every week who is passionate and knowledgeable about their topic.
- Good quality audio recording in a home studio setting with interviews over Skype.
- Unique perspectives from your hosts – Andrew and Bob.
- Organized and focused content.
- Open dialogue:
- Use the Speak Pipe button on the side of the page or on our contact page
- Comment and Interact in the Comments here at maveninterviews.com
- Call our voicemail feedback line – 1-877-636-1474 and we’ll play your feedback in the show
- Interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Linked in and other social networks (currently using the Bunker Project Social accounts)
- Email us on the Contact Us page.
The Maven Interviews show is co-hosted by Andrew McGivern and Bob Garlick. Andrew and Bob also host The Bunker Project Podcast which is a podcast set in a local bar. We talk technology, social media, and marketing over a few beers.